Loulé: Banhos Islâmicos
An islamic bath recently excavated in the heart of the historic old town of Loulé
Remnants of the castle in the historic old town of Loulé
The castle is located at a place where already the Romans built a fortification in the Second Century. Remnants dating back to the Islamic period from 715 to 1249, when t...
Loulé: Convento da Graça
Portal and ruin of the former Augustinian convent in the centre of Loulé
The monument was erected as monastery by the order of St. Francis in the 13th. Century, coming from Andalusia to the Algarve to evangelize the population after the re-con...
Loulé: Convento de St° António
The monastery of the Capuchin Order, located at the western exit of Loulé, dates back to the XVII Century
The Convento de St° António is situated at the western exit of Loulé towards Boliqueime opposite the area of the gipsy market (Mercado mensal). The buil...
Loulé: Ermida de Nossa Senhora da Conceição.
Hidden chapel in the historical old town near the castle, buil in the middle of the XVII Century
Rua D.Paio D.Correia | 8100 Loulé
Loulé: Estátua Eng. Duarte Pacheco
Statue of Duarte Pacheco, born in Loulé - secretary during the government of Salazar
Duarte Pacheco (1899-1943), born in Loulé, was secretary for construction and telecommunication and president of the city of Lisbon for many years during the "...
Loulé: Igreja da Misericórdia
The Manueline portal of the church and the crucifix in front of it are classified as National Monuments of Portugal since 1924
Av. Marçal Pacheco | 8100 Loulé
Loulé: Igreja de São Francisco
Parish church St. Francis of the community S. Sebastião in Loulé
Jardim de São Francisco |
Loulé: Igreja Matriz São Clemente
The parish church in the historic centre of Loulé with a bell tower that used to be the minaret of a former mosque
The church was built during the 13th century, most likely on the remains of a Moorish mosque. The minaret of the mosuq, built in gray granite, was later transformed into ...
Loulé: Municipal market
The market hall of Loulé is one of the landmarks of the Algarve